This is guidance aimed mainly at visitors but also for club members to know what the new process for Trial Lessons is.
Covid 19 Emergency – Guidelines for Air Experience Flight visitors.
We are maintaining social distancing at the airfield, which requires us to introduce some procedures to keep club members and visitors safe.
Before you visit. If you or any member of your immediate family have tested positive for Covid 19 (corona virus), or display any of the common symptoms (high temperature, new persistent cough, loss or change to sense of taste or smell), please do not come to the airfield – contact the office to reschedule the booking. Our instructors have the right to refuse to fly with anyone they consider to be showing any symptoms, or who refuses to comply with our Covid 19 procedures.
If you live in an area subject to additional lock-down controls, you are not allowed to travel outside that area, and must not attend the airfield.
If possible, please complete the Temporary Membership form, scan it and send it to the office before your visit.
At the airfield.
1. Friends and family. We understand that you may want to share the excitement of your glider flight with friends or family, but we would ask you to limit the size of your party to immediate family (or “bubble”), or a maximum of two friends.
2. Contact details. As per our normal procedure, you will give your details when you complete the temporary membership form before taking the flight. We require any visitors accompanying you to give their contact details, to enable contact tracing.
3. Social distancing. You will spend most of your visit outdoors, on the airfield. When outdoors the risks of spreading the virus are reduced, but we ask you to maintain the two metres separation whenever possible.
When you are taken to the glider, one member of your party can approach the glider to take photos. Other members of you party should remain near your vehicle.
4. In the glider. If your flight is in our K13 glider, you and the instructor must both wear masks. If your flight is in our K21 glider, a transparent barrier separates you from the instructor. You may wish to wear a mask as an additional measure.
The controls of the glider will be disinfected before each flight. You may choose to wear gloves as an additional precaution.
5. Facilities. Our clubhouse is closed, apart from the toilets. Our launchpoint bus will be used by one member maintaining our log of flights, but is not to be used by groups of people.